Saturday, April 10, 2010

With a Little Help From My Family....

At long last, I am being instructed, guided, helped, into the current world of blogging. It has not come easily and I'm still trying to grasp the big picture, but I am told it is a great way to connect to others who share common interests.
I chose the name Imperfect Quilter because after 25 years of quilting and 20 years of teaching, I know there is no such thing as a Perfect Quilter. In fact, it is in our imperfections we grow, we learn, and are kept humble in our efforts. Observing students over the years, it is discouraging to see people's focus on perfection override their joy of quilting. Skill levels rise with practice and getting hung up on the particulars slows that progress. Quilting is a wonderful skill that brings warmth and peace to those who receive our quilts. We can make a lot more if we're not stuck on perfection. Having said this, we should always strive to do the best we can do, but not obsess over the little things. So, quilters of the world ....unite....do your best and let the points take care of themselves. Become an Imperfect Quilter and find great pleasure in your work, share your quilts with others in need, and delight in your ever developing skill.

4 comments:

  1. Gook luck with your new blog. I am looking forward in learning new skills in your class. Quilting is such a great craft with so many new things to learn. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you up and blogging mom! and thankfully I am very very far from a perfect quilter.. and we all know my points don't match! BUT I always like how my quilts look.. and even better how they feel!
    xoxoxo
    e

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogosphere! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying very hard to learn all of this. I'm very new to this blogging thing!

    ReplyDelete